Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vacation to Mars

5...4...3...2...1... Blast off!

"Woo-hoo!"

Dad, mom, Isabel and I shouted as the space shuttle took off.
"We're on our way to Mars."
Yes, Mars.
See, we won a trip to Mars because I guessed how many jellybeans were in a bag.

When we landed on Mars,
the engine malfunctioned and broke,
so with no other choice,
we got out.

Suddenly, a red 'thing' moved from one rock to another.
As the one with the best eye, I easily spotted the 'thing'.

I watched the rock the 'thing' was behind.
The 'think' had made no sudden movement,
so I figured we shouldn't either.

"Don't move a-"
I was cut off when my sister, Isabel stepped onto a laser.
Alarms blared to life.
"-muscle," I finished.

A trap lowered over us, and the 'thing' came out.

The 'thing' had one antenna on his head,
he had 3 arms, and had 50 eyes total.

"I am a martian," he said.
"My monkey's Martian!"
That's a Martian?" I exclaimed.

"Yea," he replied.

"Holy guacomole!  That's a Martian?" my sister said, completly ignoring him.

"Yes!!!" he said, obviusly exsaperated.

"What happened?" I said, changing the subject.

"To what?"

"Our engine."

"What's an engine?"

He let me go and I walked over to the engine and pointed at it.

"Lasers," he said

"Could you fix it so we can go?"

"Yea."


"Bye-bye!" I called from inside the rocket.

"Bye," he said.

"Wait.  What's your name?" I asked

Just then, the engine roared to life,
so I never got what he said.
To this day, I have wondered what his name is.

No comments: